Rise to Shine and run!
Guidelines for people with disabilities
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WHEELCHAIR RUNNERS WITHOUT A GUIDE
- Start: 7:45 am.
- Starting line is at Hastings and South Wood (1310 South Wood Street).
- We encourage everyone to review the course, especially those using adaptive technology, to allow for full participation.
- All wheelchair and adaptive athletes are required to always wear certified helmets. Helmets cannot be modified. Participants who do not have a certified helmet will not be permitted to start.
- 10K/5K participants are timed using the ChronoTrack timing system. Participants must wear the bib number supplied by the organizers in its entirety and original condition on the front of their shirt or jacket.
- You may not transfer registrations to any other participants.
- Wheelchair athletes may participate without a guide, but must use appropriate caution and share the course when other athletes need to pass.
- Wheelchair participants will qualify for the Wheelchair Division awards.
- Wheelchair participants must complete the entire race distance within the official course limit time to qualify for an award.
- 10K/5K course will be open for one hour.
- Wheelchair participants may choose to stop at anytime and may ask for assistance from course marshals.