Rise to Shine and run!
Guidelines for people with disabilities
- Race starts at 8:00 am.
- Starting line is at Hastings and South Wood (1310 South Wood Street).
- Participants can line-up with other racers according to their comfort level.
- 10K/5K participants are timed using the ChronoTrack timing system. Participants must wear the bib number supplied by the organizers in its entirety and original condition on the front of their shirt or jacket.
- You may not transfer registrations to any other participants.
- The hearing-impaired runner may choose to have a guild. Guides do not need to pay, but must register. Contact Angela D'Antonio at DAntonio@chicagolighthouse.org for instructions on registering.
- Guides who register at no charge will not receive swag, be timed, or qualify for age awards. They will receive a Guide bib that must be worn while running the 10K/5K.
- Guides may register to receive a shirt and finisher medal for $25.00.
- Guides may register as a 10K/5K runner for the registration fee and receive all swag, timing, and qualify for age awards.
- Guides will not be allowed to participate on race day without registering and signing the waiver.
- As the hearing impaired runner crosses the finish line, the guide must be behind the athlete.
- The method of guidance is the choice of the athlete.