Rise to Shine and run!
Guidelines for people with disabilities
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WHEELCHAIR RUNNERS WITH A GUIDE
- Start: 7:45 am.
- Starting line is at Hastings and South Wood (1310 South Wood Street).
- We encourage everyone to review the course, especially those using adaptive technology to allow for full participation.
- All wheelchair and adaptive athletes are required to always wear certified helmets. Helmets cannot be modified. Participants who do not have a certified helmet will not be permitted to start.
- 10K/5K participants are timed using the ChronoTrack timing system. Participants must wear the bib number supplied by the organizers in its entirety and original condition on the front of their shirt or jacket.
- You may not transfer registrations to any other participants.
- Only the wheelchair participant will qualify for awards in the Wheelchair Division. Guide will not qualify for any age award.
- 10K/5K Wheelchair and adaptive participants, using a guide must contact Angela D'Antonio at angela.DAntonio@chicagolighthouse.org for instructions on registering as a guide. There is no charge for participating as a guide but guides may register to receive a shirt and finisher medal for $25.00.
- Guides will not be allowed to participate on race day without registering and signing the waiver.
- The Guide must push the person with a permanent disability the entire race distance within the official course limit time. Course will be open for one hour for the 10K/5K.
- The Guide must always maintain contact and control with the wheelchair throughout the race.